Centrica plc – Distributed Energy
Centrica plc is an international energy services and solutions company and the parent company of British Gas.
Providing strategic consultancy support to the Distributed Energy division of Centrica plc in order to support the Supply Chain development of the Renewable Energy Categories to meet the business renewable energy future targets.
JPS Strategic Procurement Support:
Johnson Procurement Solutions Limited were contracted by Centrica plc -Distributed Energy to provide strategic procurement consultancy support to ensure the effective identification, analysis, selection and establishment of delivery framework contracts for all the renewable energy categories:
Battery Energy System Storage
Electric Vehicle Charging
Grid Link Generation
Civil Works – Support
In order to ensure the business targets were successfully achieved JPS completed the following:
1. Development of an effective Procurement Strategy for each category.
2. Working with the Centrica Business Development team to complete a Market Analysis of each category.
3. Effectively develop a Category Capability Map for each category.
4. Complete thorough market testing exercise to ensure effective costs can be achieved against the identified present/future volumes.
5. Lead and negotiate on all commercial discussions with vendors. Including the agreement of terms and conditions working with the Centrica Legal team.
6. Compiled Category Strategy Report and delivered presentation to enable board level approval.
7. Development of all contract documentation to ensure the category scope requirements are fully compliant together with all required KPI’s, Deliverables, Penalties etc.
8. Development of key pricing structure to support the business development teams work wining activities.
9. Finalisation of all Frame Agreements initial based on 2 year period due to speed of technology.
Project Procurement Data:
Total Annual Spend for these categories £87M
Battery Energy System Storage £25M pa.
Electric Vehicle Charging £20M pa
Grid Link Generation £12M pa
Solar Power £15M pa
Civil Works £15M pa
Procurement Savings: 14%
Centrica – Ross Pollock, Procurement Director
Johnson Procurement Solutions – Steven Johnson, Director